Howard's House Rules
What can I bring?
- an empty stomach;
- an open mind;
- if necessary, a blind eye...
May I bring my own
- If just one or two, bring 'em1
- If three or four, call first.
- If five or more, find your own
Do you recycle?
- This being Wasington DC after
02 January 2007, the default setting is "tobacco-free".
- That being said, guests are
free to smoke indoors anyway.
- But if any guest has problems
with second-hand smoke, then the nicotine-addicts will cheerfully repair to
the garden/jungle or else exercise 御遠慮...
- The household is shared with
three cats, who have been socialized to think that they are something
between a dog and a human (but superior to both...)
- If you have allergy issues,
please let me know ahead of time.
- With all due respect to my
friends with canine companions, the cats' emotional tranquility and sense of
unchallenged territoriality trumps everything else...
- In fact, actively encouraged
-- guests are invited to make use of any of the cameras (film or digital) lying around.
- Generally, picture-taking
here conforms to the Ten
Rules of Lomography.
How do I get there?
here for directions
How do I get home?
- Not really my problem...
- ...but, under certain
circumstances, you may be invited to spend the night...
clarification, sometimes referred to as the "Fisher Corollary": such
persons must be those to whom you have had at least three cumulative hours of